Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Paleo Meatloaf and BBQ Sauce, Salad, and yes, wine!
I've never made meatloaf before, and for this being my first time, I feel like it was pretty darn good!
This is the recipe I used. The only thing I changed is I used deer meat instead of beef and I used 1/4 cup of coconut flour because it's what I had.
So this was dinner.. meatloaf, salad, and yep.. I had a glass of wine. And it was delicious. I needed to treat myself :)
The bbq sauce I used I found on a website that used it for chicken tenders. I can't remember the website so here's the recipe:
-3/4 orange juice
-2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
-10 TBSP tomato paste
-4 TBSP minced shallots
-4 cloves minced garlic
-1/2 tsp mustard powder, paprika, and salt (each)
-1/4 tsp pepper
-1 TBSP coconut oil

Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Place minced shallots and garlic in sauce pan until soft. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat 15-20 minutes.

I have a bunch left over so I might make some chicken tenders for lunch tomorrow. Finley loves chicken so it's an easy choice :) I hope you try the meatloaf and like it! It does have a little spicy kick to it!

P.S. I forgot to mention yesterday that I greased the muffin tin for the egg muffins with coconut oil and it worked perfectly!

1 comment:

  1. Treat yo self!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4if6QkDbo

    ReplyDelete