Friday, October 4, 2013

Suzy Home-Maker

I felt like Suzy Home-Maker yesterday. Lots of baking/cooking which meant lots of dishes! It was a good day though. It was very rainy and cold yesterday and we didn't have our heat going so it was nice to have the oven on. First thing I did was make Granola!!! The picture on the left is before I put it in the oven. I actually burnt mine a little.. exactly what she warns you about. I was trying to do laundry and wash dishes so the 25 minutes just went by really fast! I actually kind of like it burnt and so does my husband so it's not a big deal anyways. I'm excited to have some 'cereal' or a different kind of snack. I'm tired of fruit and nuts and I know that's all the granola is but it's still totally different. I'm excited!

I also made these muffins. I like the carrot banana ones way more. I eat those way too fast though so I wanted to try something different. I don't think I'd make the almond ones again though. Such a waste of that expensive almond butter! I think that's what I am most bummed about!

For dinner last night I made Meatloaf again. Thursdays are my day off from the gym so I can make something that takes a little longer, and meatloaf takes a really long time to bake!


I used the Paleo BBQ sauce I made on top that I've linked before and it was really yummy. For a side I made these sweet potatoes. It was a nice sweet to go with the kind of spicy meatloaf. And they are so good for you!
I hope you enjoy some of these recipes as much as my family and I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment