Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 16..?

Alright guys, sorry I've been MIA for a few days. I have not been diligent about taking pictures of my food, let alone blogging about it. I might just have to start trying to write during my daughters naps instead of bedtime because I'm always too tired at the end of the day! So I don't have any pictures but here are a few recipes I've been making the last few days that are a couple of my 'old reliables'.
Chicken curry with Apple
Apple Glazed Turkey Breast (I just use chicken)
Chicken Fajita Salad

These are a few of my go to recipes that I know are good and they are not expensive. I don't know how you feel but eating healthy sure can be expensive! I know its worth it it's just a hardship financially sometimes! So I always buy a big bag of frozen chicken from Costco so we end up making tons of chicken recipes because the chicken is already paid for and I don't have to buy another ingredient at the store.
Another thing that's even more noticeable during this challenge besides the money is there are ALWAYS dirty dishes. That is one never ending battle let me tell you. You end up having to cook every meal pretty much, so the dirty dishes are just constant. I look forward to having a dish washer one day! Can you tell I hate washing dishes? :D

Anyways, so I haven't been diligent about blogging but I still have been doing good on my diet. I still haven't had a non-paleo meal and I'm really proud of myself for that. I have to go to the gym at night now so it's hard to want to cook a meal after that! (I also look forward to having room for a crock pot so I can make easy crock pot meals!)
The only thing I've cheated on is a glass of wine here and there and I've also had a few squares of super dark chocolate.. like 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
The easy part of all this for me is going to the gym everyday. That's the fun part and it's also my sanity :)

I'll try to be better about taking pictures of my food.. and finding other topics to blog about so it's not the same thing everyday.. If you have any ideas let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment